- Item 26619 - Monk House, Thomaston, ca. 1940
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26619
- 4942px x 2891px - 16.5"w x 9.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
This large three-story house was built in 1796 by the ship and house carpenter Howland Rogers for, and under the supervision of Major-General Henry Knox, first Secretary of War under Washington.Show Details
A note on the back of a similar photograph reads, “This photograph accompanies a souvenir made entirely from wood taken from the mansion illustrated in the photograph. The mansion, being removed for the purpose of making souvenirs, stands on the western side of lower Wadsworth Street, in the town of Thomaston Maine."