- Item 26618 - The Cushing House, Elliot Street, Thomaston, ca. 1970s
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26618
- 4680px x 2983px - 15.6"w x 9.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
According to early deeds, in 1835 this property with buildings on the road (Elliot Street) leading through the old Knox Orchard, was sold by John Elliot, Jr. to Robert Walsh.Show Details
Tradition relates the house was built by Albert Morton, a contractor, for Robert Walsh. The existing house may have been updated by Morton circa 1855 since there was already a house there on the 1835 deed.
J. O. Cushing purchased the property in 1857 and it remained in the Cushing family until 1945.