- Item 26617 - The Monk House, Thomaston, ca. 1871
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26617
- 4650px x 3083px - 15.5"w x 10.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
This mansion was built in 1796 by shipbuilder and house carpenter Howland Rogers for Major General Henry Knox. In 1811 it was sold to William Pope. The house was later divided and sold to several different persons.Show Details
For over 50 years it was known as the Monk Humphrey House, so named after owners Robinson Monk and Henry B. Humphrey. The house was removed around 1939 due to deterioration.