- Item 26615 - Cyrus Mank House, Thomaston, ca. 1870
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26615
- 5100px x 2898px - 17.0"w x 9.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
This house was probably built by Isaac McLellan and sold to Nathan Hatch in 1854. The Knox and Lincoln Railroad purchased the house for the land in 1871. Cyrus Mank purchased the house from the railroad and moved it to its present location on the west side of Wadsworth Street, just south of the railroad overpass.Show Details
The early entablature and frieze over the doorway with and its distinctive row of rectangular panes beneath the crown have been removed. These likely dated the house to an earlier period.