- Item 26611 - The Lionell Jealous House, Thomaston, ca. 1960s
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26611
- 4073px x 3299px - 13.6"w x 11.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
This house may have been built on West Main Street as early as 1808 by tailor Andrew Ellison.Show Details
It was later owned by Captain Oliver Jordan in the latter part of 1821. In 1934 Lionel Jealous purchased the home and made major renovations He incorporated some of the church windows removed from the Congregational Meeting House that sat next to Thomaston Academy. The church, being too large to heat, was removed in the early 1900s.