- Item 26607 - Dunbar Henderson House, Thomaston, ca. 1960s
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26607
- 4740px x 3291px - 15.8"w x 11.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
In 1826 William R. Keith sold five acres of land with the dwelling house, barn and buildings on the north side of West Main Street to Captain Dunbar Henderson, mariner. Keith inherited the land from his father, Josiah Keith, a tanner in 19th century Thomaston. The tanyards extended across present-day Route One to the southern side of the mall and the street that was the original County Road.Show Details
The house, an early story and a half cape with two end chimneys, was probably built around 1820. The outside appearance has changed little.