Item 26605 - Upper Green Street, West Side, Thomaston, 1959
- Item 26605 - Upper Green Street, West Side, Thomaston, 1959
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26605
- 5100px x 2792px - 17.0"w x 9.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
The first house on the left was built by John S. Young in the 1850s and lived in by Virgil Young, his great grandson, 100 years later.Show Details
The third house from the left was built by Joseph Gilchrest, 2nd, probably around 1842, after his marriage to Martha Ann Vinal. He was a shipmaster and was lost at sea seven years later on a passage from Havre, France to NY as mate on the ship John Hancock.
The rear of the Second Baptist Church is the building on the far right.