- Item 25654 - Yarmouth Hall, Pownal State School, ca. 1953
- Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
- Item 25654
- 4388px x 3420px - 14.6"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of New Gloucester Historical Society
Yarmouth Hall, built in 1921, was a dormitory for girls. It was called Dirigo Hall when it was built, but the name was changed in 1929 when the new superintendent's house was named Dirigo.Show Details
A survey of Pownal State School facilities and staff in about 1953 noted that Yarmouth had 144 residents, oen supervisor, one assistant and 15 attendants, but needed another assistant and two more attendants.