- Item 25642 - Pownal Hall, Pownal State School, ca. 1937
- Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
- Item 25642
- 4458px x 3464px - 14.9"w x 11.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of New Gloucester Historical Society
Pownal Hall, a residence for boys, opened at Pownal State School in 1926, about the time the facility changed its name from Maine School for the Feeble-Minded.Show Details
The building housed 150 beds for boys.
Superintendent Stephen E. Vosburgh also added a physician, a music teacher, a first-grade teacher, stenographer, plumber, chef, seven day attendants and two night attendants to the ever-growing institution in New Gloucester.