- Item 24006 - Jesup Memorial Library, Bar Harbor, ca. 1920
- Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
- Item 24006
- 1601px x 1041px - 5.3"w x 3.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Jesup Memorial Library
In 1875 the Bar Harbor Village Library was located in a building on Ledgelawn Avenue with 176 volumes and $20. The present library (shown) located on Mount Desert Street was designed by architects Delano and Aldrich of New York and built by local Chester Hodgkins in 1909. Mrs. Maria Jesup presented the Jesup Memorial Library to Bar Harbor on August 30, 1911 in memory of her husband, Morris Ketchum Jesup.Show Details