- Item 23762 - Ezekiel Cushing House, Purpooduck, ca. 1909
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 23762
- 2638px x 1521px - 8.8"w x 5.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
The house belonging to Colonel Ezekiel Cushing was the first two-story dwelling to be erected in the Second Parish.Show Details
It was located at the tip of Purpooduck Point, which is now in South Portland. The area where he lived and where his wharf and warehouse once stood was known as Cushing's Point.
The house no longer exists. Notice the Portland peninsula with the Portland Observatory in the background.
Colonel Cushing was involved in the West Indies trade. He settled at Purpooduck about 1743.