- Item 23336 - Porterfield, 1793
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 23336
- 2922px x 1794px - 9.7"w x 6.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
The proprietors' map of Porter has names of early settlers and numbered lots of the original Porterfield land grant. The right hand portion of the map includes Cutler's Grant and is a part of Brownfield.Show Details
Written on the map is, "copy by Aaron Porter, 1828."
Dr. Aaron Porter, Caleb Emery, Thomas Cutts and others purchased the township from Massachusetts in 1795.
Porter was incorporated in 1807.