- Item 23270 - Biddeford's Tercentenary, September 16, 1916
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 23270
- 4701px x 3445px - 15.7"w x 11.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
The Laurier Rifles, Captain James J. Momna leading, at the start of the parade on September 16, 1916. The "Fusilliers Laurier" were a French military society started in Biddeford in 1904, and performed drills for various public events. They were associated with the St. Jean's Dramatic Club.Show Details
The view is from Birch Street, looking toward Graham Street at the corner where the St. Louis High School (now St. James School) stands. The trolley tracks are those of the Atlantic Shoreline.