Item 22429 - Elm Tavern, Portland

Item 22429 - Elm Tavern, Portland
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Item 22429
Elm Tavern, Portland
Zoom
4909px x 3164px - 16.4"w x 10.5"h @ 300dpi  |  Need a larger size?
*Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
Image Info

The Eben Storer House, built in 1791, is shown along with the Elm Tavern, located at the corner of Temple and Federal streets in Portland.

In the 1830s, the Elm Tavern served as a stop for the stage coach.

Charles Quincy Goodhue, an amateur Portland artist, drew this scene from memory, as it appeared in 1859-1866.

Show Details