Item 22121 - Ruins of the Old Batley Mill, Sanford, 1892
- Item 22121 - Ruins of the Old Batley Mill, Sanford, 1892
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 22121
- 4334px x 3464px - 14.4"w x 11.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
One of the earliest of the Sanford Mills buildings, "Old Batley" was built around 1874 and was destroyed by fire on November 24, 1892. Batley can be seen in the background right. The pond was created by the Batley dam but disappeared along with the dam some years after the fire. The houses in the distance, right, are on High Street.Show Details