- Item 21709 - South Side of Washington Street, Sanford, ca. 1915
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 21709
- 4612px x 3258px - 15.4"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
"This large building shown here was the Sanford Co-operative Block built in 1906 on the site of the Benjamin F. Emery house. Organized in 1900 this consumer-oriented enterprise sold groceries and meats and also had a boot and shoe department. The Preble Lodge of Masons leased the top floor. The building was torn down in 1967. The home of S. B. Emery, brother of Benjamin F., stands to the right of the Cooperative Block. It too was demolished many years ago." -- "Backward Glance" by Harland Eastman.Show Details