- Item 21521 - Marion Goodall, Sanford
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 21521
- 3353px x 4481px - 11.2"w x 14.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
The daughter of George and Henrietta Goodall, Marion C. Goodall was born in Sanford May 24, 1875. She married William Henry Marland in 1903. She and her father helped plan the Henrietta D. Goodall Hospital which opened as a 50-bed hospital in August 1928, named in memory of her mother. William Marland took over much of the leadership of the Goodall enterprises after George Goodall died, especially as president of the Sanford Mills in the 1930s. He was a philanthropist particularly towards the Goodall Hospital and Nasson College. Marion Goodall died in Sanford, December 16, 1958. She is buried in the family lot at Oakdale Cemetery in Sanford.Show Details