Item 20197 - Pettengill's Hall, Island Falls, ca. 1930
- Item 20197 - Pettengill's Hall, Island Falls, ca. 1930
- Contributed by Island Falls Historical Society
- Item 20197
- 4817px x 2758px - 16.1"w x 9.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Island Falls Historical Society
Pettengill's Hall, also known as Island Falls Opera House, was built in 1894. A general store was on the first floor and the hall was upstairs. The hall provided facilities for public gatherings such as town meetings and graduations. Movies were shown in the hall from 1910 to 1965. Talking movies began to be shown in 1930.Show Details