- Item 19389 - Parmachenee Club, Treat's Island, ca. 1940
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 19389
- 4249px x 3220px - 14.2"w x 10.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
The Parmachenee Club, a private hunting-fishing club on Treat's Island at Parmachenee Lake is seen from a distance across the lake.Show Details
The club began in 1890 on the Meadows of the Magalloway River and moved to the island when a paper company dam flooded the first locale. A camp farm on the mainland provided staples for lodgers.
Lunch camps were located at Indian Cove, Little Boy Falls, Cleveland Eddy, Taylor Eddy, and Fireplace.