- Item 18647 - Point d' Acadie, Bar Harbor, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
- Item 18647
- 4749px x 2986px - 15.8"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Jesup Memorial Library
Point D'Acadie was built in 1868-69 and was originally named Watersmeet. It was built for Gouverneur Morris Ogden. The house was designed by New York Architect Charles Coolidge Haight.Show Details
George Washington Vanderbilt II purchased Ogden Point in 1889 for $200,000.00 and changed the name to Pointe d'Acadie and remodeled it.
The house was later owned by George H. McFadden. It was torn down in 1956.
This information was found in the book "Lost Bar Harbor".