- Item 16776 - Looking North from the Square, Main Street, Sanford, ca 1900
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 16776
- 4925px x 3025px - 16.4"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Looking North from the Square, Main Street, Sanford. On the left is the Brown Block at the corner of Main and Kimball Streets. Built by Orlando W. Brown in 1896, it originally housed his hardware store. Later occupants include Thayer-Diggery Co. and Hooz's Apparel Shop. The next building on the left is the Nowwell and Libby Block, built about 1880 and now the home of Shaw's Hardware Store. The spire of the North Parish Congregational Church can be seen above the roof. At the extreme right is Frank Broggi's store. Next to it is Estes millinery and drug store. The Sanford Trust building now occupies the site ot these two stores. The Nell Gowen home is just beyond the Estes store. Note the large trees that lined the street.Show Details