- Item 16552 - Looking from School Street to Main Street, Sanford
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 16552
- 4333px x 3404px - 14.4"w x 11.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
The Hosea Willard home with its picket fence lawn and gazebo was located at Sanford Square.Show Details
The park at Sanford Square now occupies the site. The store at the left on Main Street was the Sanford Beef Company. Ideal Cash Market later occupied the building.
The three-story building in the center housed F. W. Woolworth and the telephone exchange (on the second floor) for many years. The three-story building at right was the Sanford Post Office from 1900 until 1923. It later became the Bergeron Shoe Store.