- Item 16507 - Residences on Main Street, Springvale, ca 1910
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 16507
- 4315px x 3421px - 14.4"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
The home on the left was built about 1900 by George A. Goodwin, local Attorney and President of the Board of Trustees of Nason College during its early years. It is now owned by Professor and Mrs. Walter Hansen. The home on the right is the oldest still standing in Springvale having been built around 1785 by a General William Frost. Extensively remodeled in 1902 by Harmon G. Allen, it was later the home of Captain and Mrs. Albert L. Prosser. Note the homes of Mary Folsom and Sidney Emery in the background. The stand on Howard Street and there are no houses at all between them and Main Street.Show Details