Item 16504 - The Dam at Bridge Street, ca 1907
- Item 16504 - The Dam at Bridge Street, ca 1907
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 16504
- 4674px x 3153px - 15.6"w x 10.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
The wooden frame at left contained a pipe which directed water under considerable pressure to a water wheel. The wheel cannot be seen in this photo. The building just beyond the bridge housed Pellitier's Store for more than half-a-century. This was the only building on Bridge Street to escape the destruction during the 1905 fire. The old Lincoln School, Springvale's elementary and high school, can be seen in the background, left. The residence of Asa Low, prominent Springvale attorney, is in the background, right. The site of his home is now occupied by the Notre Dame Church.Show Details