- Item 16316 - The Mabel at dock, Nickerson Lake, ca. 1895
- Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
- Item 16316
- 5012px x 2920px - 16.7"w x 9.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
In the 1890's, the steamer "Mabel" was used for regular excursions on Lake Nickerson. The Steamer was named for Nelson Herrin's daughter, Mabel Herrin.Show Details
"In 1893, Mr. Nelson Herrin... purchased a small steamer (Mabel) that formerly ran between Eastport and St. Andrews and had it conveyed to the lake, where it still runs for the convenience of excursion parties in the summer season." (1895 Illustrated Souvenir Edition of the Pioneer Times p. 3)