- Item 16229 - The Square from Lawn of Willard House, Sanford, ca 1883
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 16229
- 4340px x 3432px - 14.5"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Kimball Bros. & Co. occupied the building at the corner of Main and Washington Streets during the mid-1880s. The building was owned by the Emery family, which still owned the property when the Sanford Trust Co. purchased it and built its new building on the site in 1916/18.Show Details
Nowell and Libby on the left occupied the building that is now Shaw's Hardware. The rear of that building was later raised to three stories to match the front. The clock spire of the Congregational Church can be seen in the background.
Note there is no bandstand in Sanford Square when this photo was taken. There was one (about where Thomas Goodall's statue was later placed) when the Bird's Eye View of Sanford was drawn of Sanford in 1889.