- Item 15521 - Cumston Hall, Monmouth, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Monmouth Museum
- Item 15521
- 4298px x 3406px - 14.3"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Monmouth Museum
Cumston Hall was sold to the Town of Monmouth for one dollar by Dr. Charles M. Cumston, after he paid $20,000 to have it built. It was to be the new Town Hall.Show Details
Harry H. Cochrane drew the plans and presented to the public on March 13, 1899. It was dedicated June 27, 1900.
The first floor held a caucus room, reading room, library, and reception room. The stairs to the second floor are in the tower. The entire second floor was designed as a music hall.
Cumston Hall was the first building in Monmouth to have electricity.
Monmouth Academy held their graduation ceremonies here for a number of years. The Reception room was designed for the students.