- Item 13898 - Hunting Camp in Aroostook Woods, c. 1895
- Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum (Houlton Museum)
- Item 13898
- 4354px x 3318px - 14.5"w x 11.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum (Houlton Museum)
Pictured (left to right):Show Details
Dr. Harry Garrison
E. B. White
Charles H. Fogg
This photograph is part of the (Edward) E. B. White Collection, a collection of photographs by E. B. White and other photographers taken between 1885 and 1920. E. B. White was a merchant with a jewelry shop on Market Square during the late nineteenth and early twentieth century in Houlton. (see MMN # 13674) White, a skilled amateur photographer and founding member of the Houlton Fish and Game Association, traveled throughout southern and central Aroostook County hunting, fishing, camping, and photographing the Northern Maine Woods. This collection, a holding of the Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum in Houlton, commemorates these photographers efforts to preserve images of turn-of-the-century Aroostook County.