- Item 13653 - Brick Store Museum Block, Kennebunk, ca. 1870
- Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
- Item 13653
- 4896px x 2971px - 16.3"w x 9.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Kennebunk Free Library
One of the earliest images of what is now known as the Brick Store Museum buildings. This image taken around 1870 shows the establishments which occupied the buildings at that time.Show Details
On the far right side of the building, signs above the doorway read: "SEED STORE" and "HORSE AND CATTLE MEDICINES." The sign to the right of the door reads: "Wallingford Condition Powders," "Drugs and Medicines," "Toilet Articles," "PURE."
The sign above the middle doorway reads: "S.L. Whitten, Merchant Tailor" and the sign above the left doorway reads "Dentist."
None of the individuals in this photo are identified. Note the early use of a skylight.