- Item 12755 - Boatyard at Center Harbor, Brooklin
- Contributed by Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
- Item 12755
- 4157px x 3396px - 13.9"w x 11.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
Originally this site was the setting for the Ramsdell Fish Packing Plant. With the decline of the canning industry in the late 1930s, the sites began to be used for various boat yards. This site was sold to Frank Sylvester and Frank Day in 1938 to become a boat yard. Later it was sold to Herrick & Allen. The land was leased to Arno Day as a boat yard in 1952, and he in turn sold the business to Joel White, who started Brooklin Boat Yard in 1960. These are the first buildings of the Brooklin Boat Yard, shown nearly new in 1962. Now operated by his son, Steve White, the Brooklin Boat Yard has grown into a famous building and restoration center for wooden boats. See www.lymanmorse.com/builders/brooklin_boatyard.htm (Original courtesy of Joel and Steve White)Show Details