Item 12157 - Ottawa House, Cushing Island

Item 12157 - Ottawa House, Cushing Island
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Item 12157
Ottawa House, Cushing Island
Zoom
4404px x 3222px - 14.7"w x 10.7"h @ 300dpi  |  Need a larger size?
*Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
Image Info

This large hotel is the second Ottowa House, built in 1888 after the first Ottowa House burned.

Cushing Island was a popular vacation spot for wealthy Canadians.

The Ottowa House could accommodate 300 guests, and offered dancing nightly in its large ballroom. There was also a bathing pavilion on Willow Beach.

The Ottowa House burned in 1917 and was not rebuilt.

Show Details