Item 11485 - Governor Brann School, Cyr Plantation

Item 11485 - Governor Brann School, Cyr Plantation
Contributed by Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library
Item 11485
Governor Brann School, Cyr Plantation
Zoom
2048px x 1536px - 6.8"w x 5.1"h @ 300dpi  |  Need a larger size?
*Credit line must read: Collections of Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library
Image Info

The Governor Brann School, located on Route 1 about a mile south of Van Buren, was built in 1934.

The school closed in 1950s when it became part of SAD 24.

The building has been restored to its original condition -- except for a modern furnace -- with the original paint scheme, hard wood floors, and a "two holer".

The Town of Cyr Plantation (population 117) now uses the building for a polling station and for town meetings.


Show Details