- Item 105248 - Maine General Hospital, Portland, ca. 1927
- Contributed by Maine Medical Center Archives
- Item 105248
- 4450px x 3263px - 14.8"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Medical Center Archives
Coolidge, Shepley, Bulfinch & Abbott made this drawing of a new pavilion for Maine General Hospital. Coolidge Shepley designed a seven-story pavilion that increased the hospital's capacity from 190 to 223 beds.Show Details
The hospital purchased properties on Charles and Arsenal streets to accommodate its construction, perpendicular to the east pavilion and abutting it at the center. It was known as the "private pavilion," indicative of a new emphasis on paying patients and their importance to the hospital's financial well-being.