- Item 103608 - McCann fire engine and fire fighters, Portland, ca. 1924
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
- Item 103608
- 4418px x 3362px - 14.7"w x 11.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Members of Portland Fire Department Chemical 1 posed with their truck for this photo. William S. Berry, in the white hat, and several firefighters showed off the latest McCann chemical firefighting truck, an upgrade from their 1919 model. Chemical 1 moved from the Market Street Station to the new Central Fire Station, on Congress Street, when the building opened in November, 1924.Show Details
McCann was a fire truck manufacturer located on Preble Street in Portland.