- Item 103606 - McCann Fire Engine, South Portland, ca. 1930
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
- Item 103606
- 4407px x 3653px - 14.7"w x 12.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
A driver showed off a McCann fire truck, as evidenced by the hubcaps and external hose attachment, for Ladder #3, Engine #3 of the South Portland Fire Department. The McCann Truck Company was located at Preble Street in Portland and first started building motorized fire trucks in 1912. At the time, they were the only fire truck manufacturer in Maine. The business closed in the 1950's.Show Details