- Item 102748 - Coombs and Gowen houses in Coopers Mills, Whitefield, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Whitefield Historical Society
- Item 102748
- 4482px x 2880px - 14.9"w x 9.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Whitefield Historical Society
Fred Coombs (1859-1929) owned the early 19th century house on the left in this postcard. According to local historian Ellen Weiblen (1902-1987), it burned down one New Years Eve.Show Details
The dark building on the left was the Walter Coombs Garage.
Across Main Street is a 4-plank vertical wooden sidewalk that traversed the top of this hill down to the Sheepscot River. Sadie Gowen’s house appears on the right of this postcard.