- Item 10190 - Old Chapel of Notre Dame de la Sagesse convent, St. Agatha, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Ste. Agathe Historical Society
- Item 10190
- 4567px x 3210px - 15.2"w x 10.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Ste. Agathe Historical Society
Old Chapel of Notre Dame de la Sagesse Convent. On October 1, 1904, 4 sisters from France arrived in St. Agatha, Maine at the request of Father Henri Gory, the pastor of the small Catholic parish. These pioneering missionaries were Sister Marie-Therese, superior; Sister Anselme, catechist; Sister Victorine de St. Francois, nurse; and Sister Euphrone, a converse and housekeeper. They built Notre Dame de la Sagesse Convent, the first Daughters of Wisdom convent established in this country.Show Details