Item 101527 - Mill at the shore, Westport Island, 1908
- Item 101527 - Mill at the shore, Westport Island, 1908
- Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
- Item 101527
- 4277px x 3375px - 14.3"w x 11.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Westport Island History Committee
Charles E. Colby's portable sawmill stood on the shore of his property looking over the Back River toward Woolwich. Charles (left) and Mr. Pease worked the mill. In 1908, Colby made improvements to his mill putting in a 30-horse power engine. This photo was taken after the new equipment was installed.Show Details
Two of the Colby children, Verlie and one of her brothers, appear to be watching the operation.