- Item 100546 - Pattee's Hall, Bethel, ca. 1895
- Contributed by Bethel Historical Society
- Item 100546
- 4160px x 3277px - 13.9"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Bethel Historical Society
Constructed on Spring Street in 1859, Pattee's Hall was the center of Bethel’s social and political life during the Civil War. The building was conveniently situated just off Main Street and was utilized for numerous public gatherings, including town meetings and regular weekly gatherings of the Ladies Union Aid Society.Show Details
In July of 1862, General Oliver Otis Howard presented a stirring speech here to a crowd made up of local soldiers and area residents. The building was later owned by Bethel Grange No. 56 and no longer stands.