- Item 100375 - Hub Furniture Company storefront, Portland, 1935
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
- Item 100375
- 4360px x 3510px - 14.5"w x 11.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Sam Novick and Max Simonds established Hub Furniture Company in 1913 in Portland. Novick and Simonds were Jewish immigrants from the same village in Eastern Europe, an area known today as the Republic of Belarus.Show Details
The first Hub Furniture store was located at 318 Congress Street. In 1923 Hub moved to 440 Congress Street, a building that was razed during the 1960s urban renewal movement.