- Item 100220 - Masonic Street east from Broadway, Rockland, ca. 1875
- Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
- Item 100220
- 4718px x 2938px - 15.7"w x 9.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Rockland Historical Society
This is a view looking east down Masonic Street from Broadway in Rockland. The house on the right belongs to Caleb G. Moffitt, the mayor of Rockland in 1876 and 1877.Show Details
The three new houses on the left, just east of Broad Street, each with a cupola and a small front porch, were all built by W. H. Glover around 1875. The nearest one belonged to Edward K. Glover, the next one belonged to George F. Kaler, and the third one belonged to Charles F. Wood.
The church steeple in the distance near the center belongs to the Methodist Episcopal Church on Union Street. The church steeple to the left belongs to the Unitarian Church on Union, and the cupola to the left is on the Knox County Courthouse on Union.