- Item 100132 - Limerock Street east from the shoe factory, Rockland, ca. 1875
- Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
- Item 100132
- 4854px x 3090px - 16.2"w x 10.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Rockland Historical Society
This view looks east down Limerock Street toward Union Street in Rockland. Two lime wagons made deep ruts in the road as they hauled the heavy limestone to the lime kilns at the shore.Show Details
According to the 1873 Map of Rockland, the double house on the left belonged to W.H. Glover & Co. and the house on the right in the distance belonged to Eugene M. Genther.
In the distance, in the center of the image, is the tall cupola of the Knox County Courthouse on Union Street with the steeple of the Universalist Church next to it and the steeple of the Methodist Church farther to the right on Union Street.