- Item 99479 - Crockett Block, Rockland, ca. 1875
- Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
- Item 99479
- 3711px x 4062px - 12.4"w x 13.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Rockland Historical Society
The Crockett Block, on Main Street at the foot of Warren Street, contained Ephraim Perry's Dye House, the Union Store, and the North Bank. Granite Hall, on the top floor, was the site of many Temperance meetings and banquets. The Crockett Block was built by Charles Crockett in 1854, on the site where Deacon George Thomas had built his famous clipper ships, including the fast and beautiful Red Jacket. The Crockett Block burned to the ground in 1994.Show Details