- Item 9770 - E.E. and J.W. Goodwin Store, Main Street, Springvale
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 9770
- 4434px x 3256px - 14.8"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
E.E. and J.W. Goodwin Store on Main Street, Springvale, circa 1890. The sign over the store reads, "Dry Goods, Groceries, Boots & Shoes."Show Details
Edmund E. Goodwin of Springvale began mercantile life at age 15 as a clerk in a tobacco store in Brooklyn, N.Y., and later was a clerk in a number of dry goods establishments.
In 1877 he entered into business with his father at Springvale, where he became senior partner of the firm of E.E. and J.W. Goodwin, general merchants and manufacturers of clothing.
Goodwin also was a director in the Sanford National Bank.