- Item 9752 - North Parish Congregational Church, Sanford, August 1917
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 9752
- 3359px x 4299px - 11.2"w x 14.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
The men are repairing damage to the steeple which was struck by lightning on August 23, 1917. This is the second Congregational church to stand on this site. The orginal, built in 1831, was destroyed in July 1878 by a major fire that also swept away the nearby Baptist Church and the buildings in between. Construction commenced immediately on this new church which was dedicated on Christmas day, 1879.Show Details