- Item 82073 - Wharf at Sebago Lake Station, 1933
- Contributed by Portland Water District
- Item 82073
- 12338px x 9020px - 41.1"w x 30.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Portland Water District
This photograph of the wharf at Sebago Lake Station was taken in 1933 for the Portland Water District. When the Portland Water District took over the Portland Water Company in 1908, the trustees saw the need to protect Sebago Lake as a public water supply and began conservation efforts to put limits on the use of the area.Show Details
Until 1932, Charles G. Goodridge, of the Songo River Line Inc., leased the wharf at Sebago Lake from the Portland Water District. However, when the last steamer burned Goodridge decided not to renew his lease and the wharf's control reverted back to the Water District.