- Item 81538 - Clearing the Debris at St. Dominic's Arena, Lewiston, 1956
- Contributed by Franco-American Collection
- Item 81538
- 5620px x 4484px - 18.7"w x 14.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Franco-American Collection
Students from St. Dominic's High School salvage timbers from the school's hockey arena which was constructed in 1949, but destroyed in a fire just seven years' later. The 1949 arena was the first in Maine to have artificial ice.Show Details
The arena was rebuilt as the Central Maine Youth Arena, and is now the Androscoggin Bank Colissée. It was owned by the Diocese of Portland until 1989.