- Item 79907 - Philippe Dupont Bakery, Auburn, 1900
- Contributed by Franco-American Collection
- Item 79907
- 3938px x 2692px - 13.1"w x 9.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Franco-American Collection
This image of the Dupont Bakery staff was taken in front of the bakery, located at 49 Second St, in 1900.Show Details
Pictured from left to right are : Joseph Dupont; Armand Dufresne; Joseph Raymond; Joseph Nadeau; François-Regis LePage; Philippe Dupont (owner); Emmanuel Janelle; William Mailhot; David Champoux; Eva Benoit (Poirier).
The Dupont Bakery was founded by Franco-American immigrant Philippe Dupont in 1893. It was known for its 'Sonny Boy' bread. In 1933, the New Auburn Fire destroyed the original bakery pictured here, which was replaced by a modern plant.
In 1965, the business was sold to LePage bakeries, a company founded by François-Regis LePage, onetime foreman at the Dupont Bakery, and pictured here.