- Item 78920 - Construction of B Machine at Oxford Paper Company, Rumford, 1915
- Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
- Item 78920
- 4312px x 3349px - 14.4"w x 11.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
In 1915 the Board of Director authorized an installation of another paper machine similar to that installed in 1914. This machine designated as "B" Machine was put into operation on December 26, 1916.Show Details
Paper machines, originally patented in 1801 by Henry Fourdinier in London, revolutionized the production of wood pulp paper and have been in continuous use since their creation. Paper machines completely mechanized the paper making process; molding, pressing, drying, and smoothing, and created a more uniform product.