Item 66143 - Maine Turnpike at Biddeford, ca. 1950
- Item 66143 - Maine Turnpike at Biddeford, ca. 1950
- Contributed by Boston Public Library
- Item 66143
- 3353px x 2186px - 11.2"w x 7.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boston Public Library
A Tichnor Brothers publicity postcard depicting the Maine Turnpike in Biddeford in the late 1940s. The Maine Turnpike Authority was established in 1941 by the Maine State Legislature in order to build a highway connecting Kittery and Fort Kent. The Highway was opened in late 1947.Show Details
The caption reads, "Maine Turnpike at Biddeford, Maine."
The Tichnor Brothers, Inc. began printing linen postcards in the early 1930s, many of which were pitched at tourists and travelers. They published this type of postcard from about 1930-1945.